Mold: What You Need To Know
Molds are usually not a problem indoors, unless mold spores land on a wet or damp spot and begin growing. As a general rule, simply killing the mold with a biocide is not enough. Molds have the potential to cause health problems. Molds produce allergens (substances that can cause allergic reactions), irritants, and in some cases, potentially toxic substances (mycotoxins). Inhaling or touching mold or mold spores may cause allergic reactions in sensitive individuals. Allergic responses include hay fever-type symptoms, such as sneezing, runny nose, red eyes, and skin rash (dermatitis). Allergic reactions to mold are common. They can be immediate or delayed. Molds can also cause asthma attacks in people with asthma who are allergic to mold. In addition, mold exposure can irritate the eyes, skin, nose, throat, and lungs of both mold-allergic and non-allergic people. Symptoms other than the allergic and irritant types are not commonly reported as a result of inhaling mold.
DRS Can Help
The EPA suggests that if an area of mold is larger than about ten square feet a professional should deal with the problem. DRS has over twenty years of experience and has created a proven methodology for mold remediation. The first step in solving an indoor mold problem is calling DRS. DRS can stop the source of moisture, remove the mold growth, and restore the environment back to its original condition. If you have mold in your home or business, don’t wait until people start getting symptoms- call DRS today.